905 Medical Park
Effingham, Illinois 62401
Phone: (217) 342-2066
Fax: (217) 342-2074
Crossroads Cancer Center is CCSCI's first site to provide
both medical and radiation
oncology services at the same location. Diagnostic (PET/CT
and pharmacy services
are also available.
James L. Wade
III, MD, FACP
Philip A. Dy, MD
Hanna M. Saba, MD
Irene A. Dy, MD
Seong R. Cho, MD
• Consultation with a medical
oncologist, radiation oncologist or both.
• Complete physical exam.
• Confirm diagnosis.
Medical Oncology & Hematology:
• Chemotherapy - use drugs to
treat cancer. Given by certified chemotherapy nurses.
• Hormonal Therapy - use hormones to treat cancer.
• Immunotherapy - use substances to stimulate or
support the immune system.
• Clinical Trials - provide state-of-the-art care
and new drugs not available to many other cancer centers,
in an investigational setting.
• Treatments vary depending on the diagnosis, treatment
goals, drugs used, and how you respond to treatment.
• Computerized Treatment Planning
& Simulation - Development of a personalized treatment
plan. Simulation with a radiation therapist. Includes
preparing immobilization devices, marking the treatment
area on your skin, and often a CT scan on-site to aid
in treatment planning. Set treatment start date.
• Radiation Treatments - Radiation
treatments with state-of-the-art equipment and specially
trained radiation therapists. Usually given 5 days a week
for 2-8 weeks, depending on the patient's treatment plan.
Usually takes about 15-20 minutes to set up and give daily
Crossroads Cancer Center in
a larger map